Had this odd sized frame and decided to use it for four fliers from the early 2000’s Birmingham venues. Two from the Boiler Room, one from Barnstormer’s, and one from The Two Way. I don’t remember the years of each but they took place in 2001 and 2002. A few notes:
- The Boiler Room was huge. If it had been a “pro” venue it probably could have held 1200 people or so. Maybe more. Good Clean Fun had recently bought wireless adapters for their amps and mics, so they decided to “put them to real use” and threw a soccer ball out during their song Shopping for a Crew. We all (band members included) kicked the ball around the venue as they played the song. One of my favorite memories from this era. I still have a GCF shirt I bought at this show somewhere.
- I moshed a lot at that Poison The Well show. Singer of codeseven freaked out everyone with his ramblings about being abducted by aliens.
- Nuts to think about how big ETID, Norma Jean, and Bleeding Through got. Had that show taken place 2-3 years later they would have had to play a 1000 cap venue.
- The building that was The Boiler Room is now a strip club called The Fox Trap.
- The hopesfall show took place when they had their original lineup. I never took them seriously when they had so many member changes. Those post-Takehold albums suck in my opinion. They covered “Anything” by Third Eye Blind at that show.
- Excuse my disgusting kitchen floor.
Follow my other blog for pics of fliers, shirts and assorted other memorabilia from my collection and stories related to them.